Sunday 15 March 2015

Review: Lindt Creation Fresh Lemon Milk


It's been a while since I wrestled with some wrappings, so let's take a look at this: Lindt's milk chocolate with lemon filling.

The wrapping with its lively yellow puts me in the mood for spring. How appropriate!

Opening the package reveals large squares of chocolate. And, since this chocolate comes with a filling, the squares are also rather thick. Mmm, nice! The only bad thing is that there aren't very many pieces per tablet because they're so large! ;)

The scent is intriguing: the mellow chocolate aroma and a hint of crispy freshness from the lemon!
Moving on to the taste (because I can't wait!). The milk chocolate is – as far as I can tell – much like the milk chocolate in certain other Lindt products, such as Creation Chocolate Fondant and Crème Brûlée. It's silky and smooth, fairly sweet but something I definitely like. And then there's the filling. It's a sort of lemon cream, with a clear, fresh lemony flavour. The cream is, well, creamy, and the good thing is, it's not runny so you can take your time, savoring the piece of chocolate without any fear of the filling escaping (I hate when that happens! You have to shove the entire piece of chocolate into your mouth in a hurry, and, really, that is not the right way to enjoy chocolate!) And wait, there's more! The best part is the combination of that rich, sweet chocolate and the tart, refreshing lemon. To say that it's a match made in heaven is such a cliché, but I'm seriously tempted to use it here. Yes, all right, I tend to find all sorts of contrasts interesting, and what we have here definitely is a contrast of flavours. But it just works. It works so beautifully!

The wrapping says that this chocolate is particularly tasty when chilled. I must admit that I haven't tried that – I am intrigued but I always forget to place the chocolate in the fridge! Now there are only two pieces left... And anyway, it's delicious as it is! This is one of my new favourites, and I find that it particularly suits these first sunny days of spring. The price range, however, makes it one of those chocolates that are best saved for special occasions. I might buy this for Easter, it would be perfect!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete