Wednesday 19 April 2017

Blog Birthday!



It has been three years since I started this blog! It does not feel that long! (Add all the other usual exclamations about how time passes so quickly.)

In three years, I’ve written 191 posts. No, I’ve published 191 posts; there is a number of never published drivels that are better left forgotten.

The most popular posts have been… who would have guessed… chocolate reviews! Very funny, considering this was never meant to be a chocolate review blog, it was a joke from a friend that inspired the very first review! But, apparently, people do read such things – and who can blame them? Chocolate is good. (Chocolate is food of the gods!) The most popular chocolate post is this multi-bar review of Fazer’s Travel chocolates.

The most popular posts that are not about chocolate are a review of Manda Scott’s novel “Hen’s Teeth”, a post about the costumes for the movie “The Girl King” (17th century!), a review of Kelly Gardiner’s “Goddess” (17th century!), my favourite books in 2015, and our visit to the Heavy Metal exhibition hosted by the Häme Castle. It also seems that my travel tales (especially ones about chocolate and cafés) have been popular as well as the little stories about seasonal celebrations (Halloween, Valentine’s Day etc.). Readers are also interested in writing, especially the science fiction anthology “Synthesis” and our werewolf novella “Musta Susi”.

After three years, I can't quite decide what to do about this blog. My DH and I recently signed a publishing contract for our debut novel. What can I say? It’s something I’ve been daydreaming about since I was quite small. I learned to read when I was about four or five years old (I’ve been told; I can’t remember) and since then have loved reading passionately. I wasn’t even at school yet, but I still remember very vividly the first time I realised that people actually have to write all the books (I even remember exactly where I sat… with a book open before me, of course). So... someone gets to write books! I knew that was what I wanted to do, and although that dream was buried many times, for years and years, and very, very deep, and mountains of dirt was packed on top of it with a heavy shovel... I could never quite get over it.

So now that the revision process of our manuscript is in full swing, I wonder if there’ll be much time for blogging – and, considering that the novel will be published in Finnish, perhaps I should also blog in Finnish. Furthermore, should I blog about more important topics? Stop with the chocolate reviews and other frivolous matters already and become a more… um, all right, somehow I have a hard time imagining myself as a serious blogger! 😁

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the anniversary!!! :) I think the blog is just like you, I mean, just like one of your various facets and it's great. Besides making your readers happy - as they get to read about books, chocolate and the things you've been up to :) - I believe you must have a lot of fun with it too! It must be really nice to have a space to comment about the things you like and organize your thoughts or simply chat. ;) I know that you are very busy at the moment with a lot of things to do, but if you take it easy and write here for pleasure, I think this blog will be here for a very long time. And your readers will thank you for that. But, as always, no pressure. Just do what you feel like doing and it will be right. Congratulations again.

    i-reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, i-reader! :)

      Yes, this is a nice place to ramble about things that interest me... sometimes I think I sould have picked a theme or stick to a certain topic, now it's just kind of all over the place... but then, that's me. ;)

      Thank you for reading!!!

      Delete