Friday 21 April 2017

Review: Marabou Oreo Filled

  

Now, just in my previous post I wondered whether I should stop writing chocolate reviews, but here I am with yet another one… but my DH brought two bars of Marabou Oreo Filled chocolate from the grocery store just so that I could write a review! After such a thoughtful gesture, who am I to say no? ;)

Now, these bars have the traditional Marabou yellow-and-red look with a picture of Oreo filled chocolate. However, they are considerably heftier than your usual Marabou milk chocolate bar (320g vs 185g), which means they’re big and thick – and I do love a big and thick bar!

Um. Where was I? Right, the chocolate looks like this:


The scent is very sweet. There’s the fairly mild aroma of milk chocolate and maybe a bit of vanilla.

The milk chocolate is the typical Marabou milk chocolate. It’s very sweet and smooth – not my favourite because of the sweetness, but not bad at all. The chocolate encases a white filling, which is also very sweet and has a creamy, almost buttery flavour. It’s a little like the filling in Oreos, but I don’t think it’s exactly the same stuff although I could be wrong. Inside the filling nestles the Oreo part, which is a nice, solid layer of that dark chocolate cookie. It is crispy and crunchy and has the typical Oreo taste. Unlike I expected, it actually balances the flavours of the otherwise very sweet chocolate – and in terms of texture makes this chocolate more interesting.

This is a very sweet bar – not intended for sophisticated nibbling but rather something from which you want to break a piece after piece and just stuff your face with those deliciously thick fragments. I don’t really mind all that sweetness… and, oddly enough, lately I’ve suffered from sudden, inexplicable cravings for Oreos! 😨 So this chocolate definitely worked for me.

2 comments:

  1. Näin juuri muutama päivä sitten mainoksen tästä uutuudesta!
    Täällä, Oreoiden synnyinmaassa, kauppojen hyllyt pursuavat erilaisia Oreo-tuotteita.
    Löytyy monen sorttisia keksejä, leivontapaketteja, Milkan suklaata ja ...jäätelöä!
    Tuutti vai Oreon mallinen sandwich- versio?
    Jäätelön suurkuluttajalla menee täällä pää pyörälle! ;)

    Mukavan suklaista viikonloppua sinne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oho, siinäpä on valinnan varaa! Muistaakseni täältäkin saa nykyisin Oreo-jätskiä, sandwichinä tai isommassa, pyöreässä pakkauksessa. En tosin ole maistanut... vielä. ;)

      Ja kyllä. Muistan sieltä suunnalta jäätelöt! Ne jäätelöbaarit... <3 Niin monta ihanalta kuulostavaa makua, että valinta kesti aina aika kauan! Käytiin jätskillä vähintään kerran päivässä. :D

      Ihanaa viikonloppua!

      Delete