Wednesday 23 December 2015

All set for the holidays?


The big unmentionable is almost upon us, but due to unfortunate circumstances, such as battling stubborn cold viruses, my preparations have been... not quite what I planned. But I've got the most important things covered and the rest is all about being in the right mood, which should be easy enough.

There is one thing, though, that I planned well in advance. Among my reading quirks, I've mentioned the habit of carefully choosing my holiday reads. This year, I'm going with Manda Scott's latest, “Into the Fire” and Kaari Utrio's "Haukka, minun rakkaani". The first will take me to the 15th century France and the latter to the 14th century Finland. I've been saving both and already look forward to diving into their world with a box of chocolates within my reach...

And so, without further ado - Joyous Yuletide! Read, eat chocolate and be merry!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It looks as though you are all set for the holidays :).
      Get better soon, and have a very Merry Christmas.
      Best wishes to you and your loved ones,
      Kathy

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Merry Christmas to you too, hope you have a lovely time. :)

      Delete