Sunday 26 June 2016

Midsummer!


Well, it is the second Midsummer Day so it's almost over... but here's a picture that pretty much captures this Midsummer. For once it was warm and sunny rather than cold and rainy, and I got to spend quite a lot of time with my book. :) Midsummer is a sort of magical time, so keeping with my holiday reading traditions, I chose Phil Rickman's "The Man in the Moss", which (set around Samhain, not Summer Solstice) features a nice number of mystical and mythological and historical elements. Oh, and bog bodies! Nothing better on a sunny summer day than reading about rain-lashed bogs and ancient human sacrifice. :D

2 comments:

  1. Happy Midsummer Weekend!
    I hope you are having a wonderfully relaxing time at the summer place.
    All the best,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy! It's been lovely here, very relaxing indeed and definitely a change of scenery.

      I hope you've had a lovely weekend, too! :)

      Delete