Here’s the third part of my chocolate making reports (parts 1 and 2 can be found here and here), and I’ll have to say that this time was even more successful than the previous two.
I don’t really have much to report, but this time, I finally managed to measure the ingredients! I used about 50 ml of cocoa butter and 50 ml of cocoa powder. To this, I added a tiny sprinkling of salt and 3 teaspoons of agave syrup. That seemed like a lot of sweetener to me, but even after adding all that, the mixture still tasted quite bitter. After it had cooled down and set, however, it was pretty perfect.
One reason might be that after I'd added the sweetener and decided it was enough, I added some rum-soaked raisins. They are quite sweet, and that probably influenced the result. Either way, I have to say that this was the best attempt so far. This chocolate turned out to be a great family favourite: I loved it, my DH (a big fan of rum and raisin combo) loved it, and even my daughter loved it (don't worry; there wasn't that much rum in it). They immediately requested that I make some more. :)