Saturday 10 April 2021

Self-imposed isolation, day 27

An exciting day! This morning, I went to get my Covid vaccine. I was rather nervous, but there was kind, helpful medical staff everywhere, and everything happened extremely smoothly and very quickly.


I showed my ID and got my vaccination station number. Looked around for a moment, and immediately a friendly staff member pointed me to the right direction. I didn’t have to wait a single second, got my shot (painless) and was then referred to a waiting area, where seats were placed at proper distances and where those who’d gotten their shots waited under observation so as to make sure there were no sudden reactions. Medical staff walked around, asking how everyone was feeling, making sure everything was okay.


Due to my autoimmune condition, I have some experience of the health care system and various procedures. There are frequently situations where you’re nervous about the procedure or the meds or worried about a diagnosis or simply because you don’t know what to expect (in that particular situation or in the future). In those situations, it makes a huge difference when medical professionals are sympathetic and caring. There have been times when my day was made by a kind nurse. My experience today was another example of the fact that their work is extremely important, and to carry on under the present circumstances is truly admirable. 💙


I also already got the appointment for dose 2. Now fingers crossed for no adverse effects!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment