Sunday 11 April 2021

Self-imposed isolation, day 28

One day after the covid vaccine. My arm is slightly sore, though only if I touch it. I felt a little tired and weak yesterday afternoon, but rest and some water remedied that. Otherwise, nothing to report.


Today was sunny and warm, so I met my family outdoors. We walked, we talked… and my daughter’s Swedish homework was to make these no-bake chocolate treats (typical in Sweden). So we set up a baking station out on the patio. DD did all the work, I just told her which ingredients she needed and how much and helped her measure some of them. She didn't need much assistance, though, she’s always been into cooking and baking, and I try to encourage that. My mother was the same with me, and that is one of the skills that has actually turned out to be useful nearly every day. 💙

 



We modified the recipe by adding a bit of rum (DD asked: ”How much though? Like one deciliter?” 😄) and we may have used some more cocoa powder than the recipe called for. And we used an ice-cream scoop to shape the treats so no need to touch the batter with your hands. And they were delicious! We’ll certainly ask her to make these again! 😋

 

No comments:

Post a Comment