Wednesday 24 March 2021

Self-imposed isolation, day 10

Today was cleaning day! It is a small room, true, but cleaning kept me busy most of this morning. We also had to place our grocery order, and getting a week’s supplies always requires some planning (what to cook and when) and even more coordination now that we live in two separate places. Since the pandemic began, we have ordered our groceries and other supplies online. Only when we forget something or they don’t carry a particular item, does my DH venture into the supermarket. We’ve grown used to it by now. The online selection isn’t quite as good and you can never get fresh bread – but other than that, it is convinient. This may well be a permanent change for us, especially seeing how much I hate going shopping for groceries on dark, cold, dreary winter evenings!


As far as shopping in the time of covid goes, I’m afraid I have bought even more e-books than I did before – as I may have mentioned, I am a big fan of libraries, but going there is not an option now. Luckily, e-books are easily available. Rather too easily… 😏


And here is a magpie posturing on a nearby rooftop.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment