Wednesday 17 March 2021

Self-imposed isolation, day 3

Today was a good day. I got to see my daughter! I know, it’s only been one day when I didn’t actually see her, but we’ve been together very nearly every day for 13 years. She must have been 4 or 5 before I ever spent an entire day without seeing her (we had been apart for a night, but never for a whole day). Now we figured it should be safe if we went for a walk – meeting outside, not getting too close, wearing masks. It was fun, I got to hear about her day, school, friends… but it was sleeting and the streets were icy – so you had to look where you were going but my glasses kept fogging up. Still, that was easily the best part of today! 💗


And there's more! In the hallway, I discovered this bookshelf. For a bibliophile, that was almost like going to the library: a treasure hunt! I do love going to the library and just browsing between the shelves, picking books up randomly. You never know what you’re going to find! You might discover a new favourite series or a new favourite author – and you can try anything at all! Anything!!! This is one of the few areas where I can say I am adventurous. 😁 (In case it’s not clear yet, I love libraries and have actually written about them before here. Now I haven’t been to the library for over a year and it is one of the things I really miss.) So I picked a couple of books, and they’re now in a quarantine of their own. I can’t wait to see what they’re like! 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment