Saturday 27 March 2021

Self-imposed isolation, day 13

An unexpectedly busy day in isolation! It all started with an oven and a desire for pizza.


Since we dared not get take-out from our favourite pizza place, we picked what seemed most appetizing in the freezer section of the supermarket (cheese. Lots of cheese.). My DH brought one pizza for me to heat in the oven, but as I went to switch the oven on, it did not work. Nothing happened. No lights, certainly no heat. The stove worked, though. The user's manual was of no help.


I messaged a question to my landlady, who advised me that the oven does not work when you’re using the dishwasher, but I haven’t used the dishwasher yet. My DH baked two pizzas at home, delivered one to me, picked up the frozen (well... mostly) one I couldn’t bake, tried to get the oven to work, but nothing happened - surprisingly, as he is rather good with this sort of stuff. But he went home, baked the last pizza, and finally we all met in a video chat while having lunch.


Later my landlady was so kind as to come over to have a look at the oven. It turned out that for the oven to work, you have to switch on not two but three buttons, one of which is the timer (which I had tried, but not at the same time with the other two). So, everything worked out and now I know how to use the oven! (Actually, I haven’t tried it… this piece that I have left will go in the microwave, just to be safe. 😄)


 

 

4 comments:

  1. Ah, adventures in baking ;).
    I just recently had my own adventures with an oven, bread, and a timer that didn't work as expected either, so I can relate to this very well. At least now you know :)
    I hope the pizza was good despite the to and fro.
    Have a good day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good to know I am not alone. <3
      Ah, the pizza was good, I had to heat it in the microwave but I am fine with that (unlike my DH who loathes microwaved pizza :D).
      Have a lovely Sunday! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, I also eat microwaved pizza :). I even quite like it cold - which in turn horrifies my soulmate ;)
      Best, Kathy

      Delete
    3. Good to hear I am not alone - again! :) Cold pizza is okay, although I prefer hot. There's just something about that melting cheese... :D

      Delete