Tuesday 16 March 2021

Self-imposed isolation, day 2

The first night here is over. It was not a good night. As a chronic insomniac, it is difficult for me to sleep in a new place (or even a familiar place, at that). Without my family, under these strange circumstances… impossible. This is an old house, so it creaks and groans constantly, and when you have an overactive imagination… well, you can imagine! When my husband is travelling and not at home at night, I usually sleep with one of my swords within my reach (though it would be little use in case of a fire, which is one of my greatest night time fears).


It seems I forgot to pack something quite essential (along with my melatonin, which my DH – Dashing Hero, in case you’re wondering – had to bring me last night): a cheese slicer! Now I have one! So much joy over so small a thing. 😀




I kept myself busy all morning, but after lunch, all this seemed awfully depressing. Even a good book failed to distract me, and that is saying something. Writing seemed too demanding, and so I turned to translation: we are working on an English translation of our first novel. That did give me something else to think about, and now we’re just about to start our first family group chat for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment