Sunday 21 March 2021

Self-imposed isolation, day 7

Today I cooked! Earlier this week, we mostly ate stuff from the grocery store, something you just microwave – it was easier, as the move came rather suddenly and it is hard enough to get used to this situation without having to worry about cooking. My DH and DD also needed something quick to eat on lunch breaks or after school. But none of us was very happy with those foods, and I actually started to miss cooking!

So, once I got some supplies, I made two different meals, and now we all have food for today and tomorrow. It does take some planning and imagination (I have a limited store of appliances, spices and other ingredients) as well as some driving back and forth, but it was a very good distraction – and now I don’t feel quite so useless.

 

A vegetarian bolognese sort of thing - not very photogenic, I'm afraid! 😄

 

No comments:

Post a Comment