Saturday 3 April 2021

Self-imposed isolation, day 20

Not much happening today, so let’s have a review! This goes to the "note to self category": a year or two from now I’m going to remember I’ve tried this - but did I like it?

 

This is a version of mämmi (more about this Easter specialty here) by Kymppi, but it comes in a small container with vanilla custard included.



The lid says ”kerrosmämmi”, which implies separate layers of mämmi and vanilla custard; unfortunately the two had mixed and it was impossible to taste them separately. That would be fine, though, if you’re one of those people who will stir them together anyway (I'm looking at you, DH!). The custard was a little thin but there was a good amount of vanilla in it. The mämmi did not have a very strong rye flavour and the taste was further tempered by the custard. Some members of my family judged it too bland, while I would say it’s a tiny bit too sweet. This might well be favoured by those who aren’t big fans of mämmi – yet. 😊 And such a container is very convenient when you don’t want a big portion and/or don’t want to buy mämmi and vanilla custard separately!

No comments:

Post a Comment