Wednesday 7 April 2021

Self-imposed isolation, day 24

Another food-related post! Another one in the note-to-self category! And I’d better do this before Easter is just a distant memory. 😉


I normally make pasha for Easter, but as I wasn’t at home, we tried two different ready-made pashas.



The first one had an adorable picture of a bunny on the lid and is made in Estonia. This was the lighter of the two. Creamy but not too rich, with raisins and apricots as well as orange rind. Some of those pieces of fruit had a somewhat stale taste, but apart from that, it was quite good, neither too sweet nor too tart and pleasantly refreshing.

 



The other one was champagne-flavoured white chocolate pasha from Lieksan laatuherkut. No actual champagne in it, however. I really loved the scent of this one, so sweet and tempting, but the flavour didn’t quite match it. The pasha was creamy and sweet, with the characteristic tang mostly in the aftertaste – and while none of us could detect the white chocolate flavour, it certainly contributed to the richness!


I am a big fan of quark, the basic ingredient in pasha, which is perhaps why I quite liked these. The rest of my family, however, told me that the pasha I make is much better. Not sure if that was just flattery, but I’ll take the compliment! 😄

No comments:

Post a Comment