Sunday 4 April 2021

Self-imposed isolation, day 21

Not so much isolation today! It was a sunny, fairly warm day (considering this is Finland in early April) and it being Easter, we decided to spend the afternoon together (just us three). We met outdoors, wore our masks and kept our distances. We even organised an Easter egg hunt for our daughter! For about a dozen years now, I’ve hidden the eggs around our house, I’ve even once (a long time ago) hidden Easter eggs in an elementary school classroom in Vancouver, Canada – but I’ve never hidden them outdoors before! There’s usually still snow around Easter, so it’s not customary to do the egg hunt outdoos, but now we did. I also have this habit of forgetting where I’ve hidden them, which means in the end we’re all looking for one or two missing ones... 😄

 




(Interestingly enough, when I was little, it was the Easter Rooster that brought the eggs, but we seem to have adopted the Easter Bunny custom.)


We also went for a walk in the woods and around the neighbourhood, then just sat on the patio, eating some Easter eggs. My DH kept asking if we’d like one more, my DD and I kept pretending to think about it, then said, ”Well, it is Easter.” ”And it is not Easter every day, is it?” It is not! 😄 We talked a lot, laughed a lot – it’s wonderful how much fun the three of us have together. 💓

No comments:

Post a Comment